A FATHERS PAIN - EPISODE 9

A FATHERS PAIN - EPISODE 9

Gistandgbedu.com.ng

I woke up very early the next morning, well determined to go to any length to take my children back from my wife. I swore that nothing was going to stop me from having them back.
After I had my bath, I skipped breakfast and got ready to go see my lawyer. I was driving out of my compound when a car drove up and pulled up beside mine. A young fellow got out and came up to me.
“Good morning sir”
“Good morning”
“Are you Mr. Ofori-Mensah?”
“Yes” I replied
“I have this for you,” the young man said, handing me a document. I recognized it immediately as a court summons. Immediately, I knew where it was coming from.
“So, Nora thinks she can get the courts to compel me to give her money, eh? We shall see”, I said as I opened the document. The young man, having already made me sign for the receipt of the document got back into his car and drove away while I read through the court summon.
“Jesus Christ!” I found myself exclaiming. My estranged wife, Nora, was not out to compel the court to make me give her money. She was praying the court to subject our children to a DNA test which she said would prove I am not the biological father of the children.
I could hear my heart beating violently in my chest. I knew I had to calm down. I took some deep breaths and then reclined the seat of my back so I lay somewhat supine in it. Then I began to analyze the matter. Within seconds, I came to the conclusion that the DNA test my wife wants conducted was in my interest. It would establish beyond every reasonable doubt that I was the biological father of my two children.
Quickly, I phoned my lawyer and told him about the court summons. He said he will come over to the hospital during his lunch break to take the summons. With that agreed, I headed for the hospital, my workplace.
I suddenly was in high spirits as I drove towards the hospital because I was more than confident the DNA test was my best chance to have my children back. Once the test proves they were my biological children, the courts will order my wife to return them to me.Even without the DNA, anyone who looks at them will see some resemblance to me though admittedly, they resembled their mother more.
In the afternoon, Carl Lomotey, my lawyer turned up and together, we poured over the court summons and my wife’s demand. Carl said sooner than later, the saga will come to an end.
“I can tell that Nora is so confused; she does not know what she is doing,” he said. I nodded confidently. Then he left to begin preparing my defense.
We were in court two weeks after I received the suits against me. I arrived in court that day with Carl Lomotey to find that Nora was already present. I took to the dock to the left of the judge while Nora stood in the one on the right. His brother, Nana Kweku, was present in court. So also were one of his sisters, two aunts and an uncle. Her lawyer, Prof. Solomon Laryea was also present. She, however, did not bring the children to the court. Somehow, she looked very confident, and honestly, very beautiful.She also had a defiant look about her. However, neither her beauty nor her defiant expression had any effect on me. All I wanted was to have my children, Peter and Pamela, back.
“Court rise!” a court clerk suddenly intoned. Everyone in the court room got up. A very slim man led the judge in to the court room. The court clerks and the lawyers in the court all bowed their heads to him before he took his seat. Then everybody sat down

Watch out for episode 10

Gistandgbedu.com.ng
A FATHERS PAIN - EPISODE 9 A FATHERS PAIN - EPISODE 9 Reviewed by Unknown on 3/20/2017 11:00:00 pm Rating: 5

No comments